By now, it’s no surprise that a lot of people have become obsessed with tips and tricks that are meant to make life easier. With so much going on, many of us will try anything to make everyday tasks simpler and quicker to accomplish, and while some “hacks” end up requiring more time and effort, every once in a while, others are life-changing.
Below are just a few examples of tricks that have been sitting under your nose for far too long. It turns out, some of the most common products and items in the average home either have hidden uses or are easier to use than you may think! Check out the list, give the hacks a try, and see if they blow your mind.
1. You Can Peel A Hardboiled Egg Without Actually Peeling Off The Entire Shell
Simply tap the top and bottom of the egg on your kitchen counter and remove the small pieces of shell. Next, place the egg in the palm of your hand, one of its ends on your lips, and blow!
2. There’s A “Sweet Spot” On Your Glass Ketchup Bottle
According to Heinz, the easiest way to get a good flow of sauce out of their glass ketchup bottle isn’t to hit the bottom of it, but rather to tap the tiny “57” that is embossed on its neck.
3. Those Applesauce Containers Come With A Spoon
The lid you peel off can be twisted into one!
4. Your Spaghetti Spoon Can Measure Out The Perfect Serving Of Noodles
Never worry about making too much or not enough spaghetti again with this simple, useful trick!
5. The Handles On Your Pots May Have A Spoon Rest
I took a look through mine and some of them definitely have one!
6. You Have A Warming Drawer Under Your Oven
Personally, this blew my mind. What I’ve always known to be an area for storing pans and tins is actually a useful warming drawer for hot food.
7. You’re Probably Using The Wrong Type Of Plunger For Your Toilet
Cup plungers (which most people use for toilets) are actually meant for unclogging sinks. Flange plungers are what you should be using in your toilet!
8. There Are Handles On Juice Boxes
That small tab on each side of your child’s juice box is actually meant to be used as a handle!
9. The Tab On Your Soda Can Actually Has A Purpose
Simply twist the tab around so that it is sitting over the opening of the can and place your straw through it. This will prevent it from bobbing around!